Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!




Go for a run tonight or tomorrow morning to stave away the guilt, make it a sweaty one so you don't feel bad about about the second piece of pie with whipped cream. Drink nogs, wines, spirits or beer - whatever your poison. Enjoy the designed gluttony of the day.

Me, I'll be in the back yard practicing my sprints. Why you may ask? I have one word for you, SHOPPING. Yes, I get up at the crack of dawn to stand in line to save $5.00 on something I don't need. I will be sucked into the spell of the "Free Tote with Purchase" and "Buy One Get One Free" signs. My day will start at 4 a.m., I will shop - go home to loving grandparents who will cook me a fantastic breakfast - then I will go out and shop some more. With my mother at my side no deal will go uncovered and/or unpurchased. This is my vow to you readers: I will shop as though I am running a race, I will go hard, I will aim for the negative split (second half is mall shopping- gotta hit that hard!) and I will PR!

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. hope you found all the good deals and had some fun! I avoided all that crap and just did a 5 mile run on saturday.

    ReplyDelete