Monday, January 4, 2010

So Far, So Very Good

I know I've been gone from the blog-o-sphere for a bit, but I warned that such would happen. (See last blog) So, I'm sure all of you have been anxiously wondering what I have been up to. There has been much in the way of Christmas and New Years merriment, but that's not the big news at all. And yes, there is indeed big news....The Viper and I have a new pet. No, it's not a rock - it's a puppy! I have aptly named him Dobson King and he's the cutest 14 week old Old English Sheepdog I have ever seen.



With this new addition life has been pretty crazy, I haven't been much for running lately, but I have been for walking the dog twice a day. That's gotta count for something, right?

As for my thesis, I doubt I'll reach the verbose heights of Mr. Loser's 220 page thesis, but at least I've actually started writing it - HUGE step in the right direction. And Mike, lemme tell you, it feels good to know that there are other Byzantinists out there that know how to use a computer, let alone how to blog on one. I have had nightmares where I'm a tenured professor in the classroom having to ask the students "How do you turn this damn thing on?" in reference to any one of the pieces of technology in the room. Scary.

I am hoping to get my first run of 2010 in soon, but considering the Akron weather forecast, it likely won't happen until the high reaches at least 30. Until then I'll take the puppy walking. :0)

4 comments:

  1. And soon, he'll make a fine running partner.

    Sit, Dobson, sit. Good dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's got to be said...awwwwww. He's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh... CUTE CUTE CUTE puppy! I love running with my German Shepherd!

    ReplyDelete